Thursday, November 12, 2009

about us

Thanks for visiting our blog. We are an urban/modern/unschooling family. Unlike a lot of homeschooling parents out there, we don't live on a large piece of property, we don't have chickens or other little animals living with us, I don't know how to knit or sew (I have tried and have failed miserably) we don't have a large garden to grow our own produce.

What we do have is a lot of creativity. I have plans to turn our small plot of yard into something amazing (hopefully), while we don't have the farm animals we do have a small dog (maui) and a beautiful raised koi pond that my husband built so my kids could be a little in touch with nature, I like to support other artisans on etsy with their hand knit/sewn items, and we support our farmers market with fresh produce. We have to be very creative in our homeschooling and sometimes that means traveling a long way to visit an interesting place, or just going to the local park so the kids can play. But that is what homeschooling/unschooling is all about right? Working with what you have and making the most of it. I hope to meet many other families out there who will inspire us in our day to day living and learning.

1 comment:

  1. We did a stint of homeschooling last year, and your approach sounds similar to what we did. Excited to see how this goes for you!

    ReplyDelete